Looking for trends in planning your wedding meal?
Some Brides are looking for interactive, customizable and economical ways to do something different for their guests.
Live Cooking Stations
Adding a live cooking station allows the bride to share her favorite cuisine, and the guests get to customize their individual experience.
Instead of a grand buffet, more and more couples are opting for smaller intimate food stations, providing a made to order gourmet wedding meal one piece at a time.
Popular Live Cooking Options
- A live cooking station for hors d’oeuvres to that breakfast or champagne wedding reception brunch.
- Build your own omelet bar.
- Or a create your pancake or waffle masterpiece bar.
- Flambé stations with sweet and decadent desserts
- Live tapas stations for appetizers
- And build your own pasta menus where a array of sauces are custom made to order (ie. offering herb crusted chicken, sautéed garlic and sun dried tomatoes in a cream garlic pesto sauce served over linguine)
- A Custom Salad Bar, with a build your own baked potato bar strategically built into the salad station
- Vegetarian options on the Pasta Bar.
- Portabello Mushroom option on the Grill Station.
- A Fresh Fruit Station
Why not? Custom stations are getting more and more popular as Brides look for creative ways to make their wedding food experience unique.
They only take a minute to prepare, and it’s a lot more fun than offering guests their choice of a meat sauce or marinara.
Don’t Break the Bank
Contrary to the belief, adding live cooking stations don’t have to be expensive. It is important that bride carefully considers the logistics of her idea.
For example, if you are having 300 guests, it is unlikely that you will get 300 made to order meals created at a single food station during the dinner hour. If you want this experience with this kind of guest list, you will need to provide multiple stations for people to choose from to spread out the load.
However, for smaller, more intimate weddings, the addition of food stations is not a big deal.
Live cooking stations add that custom flare that makes your reception uniquely you.